In these terms and conditions the ‘company’ shall mean Scartop Pine Villages and the term ‘customer’ shall mean the party to whom goods are sold or supplied. The term ‘goods’ shall mean any goods sold under contract of sale.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing the following terms and conditions shall be incorporated in the contract for the sale of goods specified in the written order placed with the company and accepted by it.
- The customer acknowledges that save to the extent that the same are herein expressly set out he has not entered into his contract in reliance wholly or partly on any statement or representation made to him by or on behalf of the company and that any such statements or representations shall not constitute any condition or warranty of this contract.
- Any cancellation of whole or part of the order would not entitle the customer to a refund but a credit may be given, any expenses incurred by the company in respect of a special or bespoke order may be deducted from any monies paid with such an order.
- Prices and Dimensions
- Goods are offered at the company’s prices, which may be changed without prior notice and are sold to a standard of goods on display.
- All measurements are given in good faith but are approximate and are given as an indication and may be changed at any time at the company’s discretion.
The customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount payable to the company by reason of any dispute or claim and in the case of any short delivery or delivery damage the customer shall remain liable to pay the full invoice. This does not affect your statutory rights or the company policy of repairing or exchanging goods so damaged whilst in their charge.
- Goods collected by the customer from the Company’s premises shall be deemed to be delivered when they have been presented to the Customer’s vehicle. The company does not accept any liability for the packing or loading of the customer’s vehicle.
- II. The company shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever caused by the failure to make goods ready for collection by the due date.
- In the event of the customer finding any defect or fault in goods collected the company is not liable in any way for costs incurred in returning the goods for exchange or repair.
- The company will make every endeavour to adhere to any agreed dates for the delivery of goods under the contract. Such dates, however, are not of the essence of the contract and where the company is prevented from complying with such dates by circumstances beyond its reasonable control it shall not be liable for any delay or loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly there from howsoever caused and the time for the performance of the contract shall be extended by a period commensurate with such delay. Any such delay shall not be sufficient cause for cancellation of the contract by the customer.
- This contract is subject to the continued availability of goods up to the time when delivery is attempted but should the company be unable to make delivery due to any cause whatsoever the company shall be at liberty to cancel the performance of this contract without any liability to the customer for any consequential loss or damage including loss of profits, contracts or use, however so arising.
- Goods transported by the company shall be deemed to be delivered when they are presented to the customer&rsquo:s premises door. The company does not accept liability moving goods within the customer’s premises for the goods or fixtures and fittings.
All goods shall be immediately inspected by the customer on collection or delivery to ensure that they are in accordance with the contract and the customer shall, whether or not required by the company to sign an acceptance note, give notice in writing to the company within 7 days after delivery or, where he is able to show reasonable grounds for delay, within a reasonable time after delivery, if he claims to reject the goods. The customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods where he fails to give notice of rejection in accordance herewith.
- Defects and liabilities
- Any complaint as to alleged defect(s) in any goods shall be notified in writing to the company within 7 days of receipt thereof, and the company undertakes to investigate such complaint and where goods are found by the company to be defective, its liability therefore shall be in accordance with this clause or, so far as is applicable, with any other legal obligation.
- In the event of a customer dealing otherwise than as a consumer, as defined by the unfair contract terms act 1977, notification in accordance with sub-clause (i) above shall be condition precedent to the company’s liability, if any, unless the customer is able to show reasonable grounds for his failure so to notify, and such liability shall, in any event, be limited to the repair or replacement free of charge of any defective item(s) or where in the opinion of the company repair or replacement is impractical, to the refund of any sum paid or payable under this contract and is attributable to the defective item(s) and any item or part replaced by the company shall become the property of the company.
- The company shall not be liable under this contract or otherwise where defects, loss or damage due to improper use by the customer or ordinary wear and tear. Where in such circumstances, the company agrees to remedy any defect, it may charge the customer for the costs incurred.
- This contract shall in all respects be construed in accordance with and governed by English law.
- The company reserves the right to correct any clerical or typographical error made by its employees, servants or agents at any time.
- Internet refund exchange policy
All dimensions given, are as accurate as they possibly can be, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need to know specific measurements of any part of a piece of furniture.
All colours are portrayed as accurately as possible, and allowances must be made for different lighting conditions and different specifications of various computer monitors etc.
Goods that have been damaged in transit will be returned at our cost and either exchanged or a full refund given. Goods returned for any other reason must be returned at the customer’s expense.